ALK TEST COMPARISON
Many molecular tests seek to identify ALK translocations, rearrangements, or mutations. Unlike IHC, which is highly subjective, and RT/PCR, which misses variants, the Vysis ALK test using FISH technology offers the benefits of:
- Identifying ALK gene rearrangements with fusion partners, including but not restricted to EML4, TFG, and KIF5B
- Reducing false negative results
ALK Test Comparison
To Order Lung Cancer Tests
For Specimen Collection and Shipping Instructions
1. Vysis ALK Break Apart FISH Probes Kit Package Insert 30-608495.
2. Soda M, Choi YL, Enomoto M, et al. Identification of the transforming EML4-ALK fusion gene in non-small-cell lung cancer. Nature. 2007;448:561-567.
3. Kwak EL, Bang Y-J, Camidge DR, et al. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase inhibition in non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1693-1703
4.The NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines™) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (Version 1.2012). ©2011 National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Inc. Available at http://www.ncn.org.